Windows 10 is one of the most popular operating systems today. One of the reasons why it is beloved by so many is the improved features like Windows Update.
Unfortunately, there will be times when the update itself can become extremely challenging for the computer user. For example, encountering the Windows Update Error 0x800705b4.
Automatically Repair Windows Update Errors
- Your machine is currently running Windows 7
- This Repair Utility is compatible with your operating system.
Recommended: To repair Windows Update Errors, use this software package; Restoro System Repair. This repair tool has been proven to identify and fix these errors and other Windows problems with very high efficiency.
- 100% safe as confirmed by Norton.
- Only your system and hardware are evaluated.
Thankfully, every problem has a solution and we’ll try and guide you through some of the ways to fix them.
First Method – Reboot the Windows Update Services to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800705b4
Just like any software, restarting this program will easily do the trick. Additionally, starting on a fresh slate can also fix other existing issues. By rebooting the Windows Update services, you help ensure that it is not the cause of the issue in the first place.
Start fixing the Windows Update Error 0x800705b4 with these steps.
- Hold the “windows” key and then press “R”. A small window will appear where you can type in “CMD”. Next, press the “shift + ctrl + enter” keys to grant administrator permissions.
- Once you see the command prompt, enter the following commands. Be sure to press “enter” after each command you type to stop the running services.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- The services will then stop, you can restart them once again by entering the following commands one at a time.
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- Exit the command prompt then restart your computer. You can now recheck if the Windows Update Error 0x800705b4still persists with the Windows Update tool.
Second Method – Run the Windows SFC (System File Checker)
Another great Windows 10 feature is having a built-in tool that can be used to scan and repair. This way missing and corrupt files will be fixed. To fix Windows Update Error 0x800705b4, perform these steps to scan with Windows SFC.
- Hold down the “windows” key and press “R” and type “cmd” in the run command line. Hold down both the “ctrl and shift” keys together and press enter. Click “OK” on the next window to grant administrator permissions.
- In the command prompt window, type “sfc /scannow” and press enter. Wait for the SFC to complete the scan and restart the computer. Once done, run the Windows Update tool to check if the issue has been fixed.
Third Method – Run Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
DISM can be used to uninstall, install, update or configure Windows features, drivers or packages that might be corrupt. These corrupted files may be the cause why the Windows Update Error 0x800705b4occurs.
- Hold the “windows” key and then press “R”. A small window will appear where you can type in “CMD”.
- Type in “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” and then press “enter”.
- The DISM will then start scanning. Once completed, you can reboot your PC. When you have restarted your PC, check if the Windows Update Error 0x800705b4still occur when you run your Windows Update Tool
Fourth Method – Perform chkdsk scan
If the previous steps did not get your Windows Update fixed, you can try performing a chkdsk scan. According to advanced users, downloading corrupted files is one of the reasons why you may experience Windows Update Error 0x800705b4. Thankfully, this can be remedied with a simple chkdsk scan.
- Open Command Prompt. Press the “shift + ctrl + enter” keys to which allows administrator permissions.
- When Command Prompt begins, enter chkdsk /f X: command. You need to make sure that you replace X with your system drive, by default that should be C.
- Wait for the check disk to complete and restart your computer. Once you get your computer back, run the Windows Update tool and check if the issue has been fixed.
Fifth Method – Remove Viruses with Your Antivirus Tool
A virus will not only wreak havoc on your files but will also cause Windows Update errors. In other words, Windows Update Error 0x800705b4 may easily be due to a virus in your PC.
Thankfully, you can remove these viruses with your choice of Antivirus Tool. If you don’t have a preferred antivirus, you can always use Window 10’s built-in – Windows Defender.
- Open your antivirus tool by click on the Windows Key on your keyboard and typing “windows security” or “windows defender” and press enter.
- Click on “Virus & Threat Protection”.
- Click “Scan Options” under “Current Threats” just below the Quick Scan button. Select “Full Scan” and then click “Scan Now”. This will then start a full system scan.
- Full system scans can take time because it will check every file saved in your PC. Once done, allow Windows Defender to remove the threat. You can then reboot your PC and run your Windows Update tool to check if the Windows Update error 0x800705b4 is fixed.
Sixth Method – Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter Tool
- Hold down “Windows” your keyboard and simultaneously press the “R”. Type in “control update” in the run command window.
- Click “Troubleshoot” in the next window. Next, click “Additional Troubleshooters”
- Click “Windows Update” and click “Run the Troubleshooter”
- The troubleshooter will then scan your PC. You will be able to see a list of the results, including what has been fixed.
- Restart your computer when repair is completed. Run the Windows update to check if the issue has been fixed.
Windows 10 offers plenty of features that any PC user can take advantage of. However, there will times when your much-needed update will be met with issues.
A perfect example is Windows Update error 0x800705b4. Thankfully, the guides listed above are some of the easiest to follow and sure ways to tackle this problem.