If you are here reading this article, you must be frustrated because you cannot use your computer properly.
For some unknown reason, Windows has blocked programs, especially games, from accessing the Graphics card. Without a graphics card, you can’t play games.
Recommended: To easily install drivers automatically, use the tool below.
Lucky for you, this error can be fixed easily by following simple steps.
Common Reasons for “Application has been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware” Error
There are several reasons why you might encounter the error “Application has been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware” on your Windows 10 computer. Understanding the possible causes can help you diagnose and resolve the issue more effectively. Here are some of the most common reasons for this error:
- Outdated or Incompatible Graphics Drivers: One of the primary reasons for this error is outdated or incompatible graphics drivers. If your graphics card driver is not up-to-date, it may not be able to communicate with your hardware properly, causing the error to occur. Make sure to check for driver updates regularly and install them as needed.
- Corrupted System Files: Another common reason for this error is corrupted system files. These files may become damaged due to various reasons, such as a faulty update, malware, or hardware issues. Running an SFC (System File Checker) scan can help identify and fix any corrupted files on your system.
- Hardware Issues: Sometimes, the problem may lie with the graphics hardware itself. If your graphics card is damaged or not functioning correctly, it may prevent applications from accessing it, leading to the error message. In such cases, it may be necessary to contact the manufacturer or a professional technician for assistance.
- Incorrect Configuration Settings: If your graphics card settings are not configured correctly, it may cause the error to occur. This can include incorrect settings for performance, power management, or compatibility. Resetting your graphics settings to the default values can sometimes resolve the issue.
- Conflicting Software: Some software applications may conflict with your graphics card or its drivers, causing the error message to appear. This can include third-party applications, such as antivirus software, system optimization tools, or other graphics-related software. Disable or uninstall any conflicting software to see if it resolves the issue.
By identifying the root cause of the Application has been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware error, you can take the appropriate steps to resolve the problem and get your computer running smoothly again. Follow the methods outlined in this article to address the issue and enjoy an uninterrupted gaming or multimedia experience on your Windows 10 computer.
Method 1: Reinstall / Update your Drivers
If you see the error message Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware, your graphics driver is outdated or incompatible with your current video card. The best way to fix this problem is to reinstall or update your graphics drivers.
Step 1: Press the Windows key + S and search for Control Panel.
Step 2: Open Control Panel.
Step 3: Click on Program and features.
Step 4: Find your video card driver and uninstall it.
Radeon Software for AMD and NVIDIA GeForce Experience for NVIDIA
Step 5: Go to the graphics card manufacturer’s website and download their latest drivers
Step 6: Wait for the download to finish and install it.
Step 7: Follow the on screen instructions in the installation wizard.
After installation, restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved.
If the program cannot access the graphics card after installing the new drivers, go to the next method below.
Method 2: Run System Maintenance
Sometimes you can receive this error message when there is an issue with your video driver that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t fix. So the next step is to run System Maintenance. This will scan your system for any issues and repair them if possible.
Step 1: Press on Windows Key + R and type msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic.
Step 2: Click Ok.
Step 3: Click next.
Step 4: Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to finish. Once the troubleshooter is finished applying changes on your computer, restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Run Hardware Device Troubleshooter
In most cases, you can fix this problem simply by running the Hardware Device Troubleshooter. This utility will scan your system for hardware issues and automatically update or repair any drivers causing problems.
Step 1: Press the Windows key + S and search for Troubleshooting.
Step 2: Open troubleshooting settings.
Step 3: Now, Find the Hardware and Devices.
Step 4: Click on Run the Troubleshooter.
Step 5: Follow the instructions on the Troubleshooting wizard.
Restart your computer after the troubleshooter has finished changing configurations on your computer.
Method 4: Run the SFC scan
Another possible way to fix this problem is to run an SFC (System File Checker) scan. This built-in Windows tool can scan for and replace corrupted system files.
Step 1: Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Command Prompt (Admin).
Step 2: When Command Prompt opens, type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
Step 3: After the scan is finished, a system message will appear. See the list below to guide you on what it means.
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations – This means your operating system doesn’t have any corrupted or missing files.
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation – The repair tool detected a problem during the scan, and an offline scan is needed.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them – This message will appear when the SFC can fix the problem it detected.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. – If this error occurs, you must repair the corrupted files manually. See the guide below.
**Try to run the SFC scan two to three times to fix all the errors**
Restarting your computer after an application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware usually solves the problem. If that doesn’t work, try updating your drivers or uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
With these solutions, you should be able to fix “Application has been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware” on Windows 10 quickly and easily. Let us know in the comments below if you have other questions or suggestions.
If your computer is still having issues, one of the following guides should help: second display not detected, how to sync settings in Windows 10, ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP, there was a problem resetting windows, unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed), and the laptop plugged in not charging repair guide.
- Your machine is currently running Windows 10
- Fortect is compatible with your operating system.
Recommended: To repair Windows Errors, use this software package; Fortect System Repair. This repair tool has been proven to identify and fix these errors and other Windows problems with very high efficiency.
- 100% safe as confirmed by Norton.
- Only your system and hardware are evaluated.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix app blocked from accessing graphics hardware?
If you are experiencing issues with an app being blocked from accessing graphics hardware, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue. First, check to see if your graphics drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website if they are not. Once you have updated your drivers, restart your computer and try launching the app again. If the issue persists, reset your graphics settings to the default values.
How do I allow games to access my graphics hardware?
You must change your computer’s operating system settings to allow games to access your graphics hardware. This can usually be done by opening the “Control Panel” and navigating to the “System” or “Settings” menu. From here, you will need to find the “Advanced” tab and select the “Performance” or “Graphics” options. Once you have made the necessary changes, you will need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How do I force an app to use integrated graphics?
The process of forcing an app to use integrated graphics is relatively simple. The first step is to identify which apps are using integrated graphics. This can be done by looking at the list of apps in the settings menu. Once you have identified the app, you must find the “graphics” setting. This setting will most likely be located in the app’s menu. Finally, you need to set the “graphics” setting to “integrated.”
How do I fix accessing graphics hardware error?
One possible reason for an “accessing graphics hardware” error is that the computer’s drivers are outdated. To fix this, the user should go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for their graphics card. Another potential solution is to uninstall and then reinstall the graphics card drivers. If neither of these solutions works, the user may need to contact customer support for their graphics card or computer.
How do I run the hardware and devices troubleshooter?
You must first open the Control Panel to run the hardware and devices troubleshooter. Once the Control Panel is open, you must select “Hardware and Sound.” Under the “Hardware and Sound” category, you will see an option for “Troubleshoot audio playback.” Selecting this option will launch the hardware and devices troubleshooter.