Many users have trouble connecting to Discord voice channels due to a Discord No Route error. The no route error is almost the same as the Stuck RTC Connecting Errors.
The Discord No Route error happens because Discord is stopped when it tries to connect to any Discord voice server.
Recommended: To easily install drivers automatically, use the tool below.
Most of the time, the error is caused by misconfigured Windows Defender Firewall settings or Antivirus software preventing Discord from getting access to the outgoing connection.
To ensure that you can resolve the problem at the end of this article, make sure to follow all the steps in the order below.
Common Reasons for Discord No Route Issue
Understanding the underlying causes of the Discord No Route error can help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue more effectively. Here, we will discuss some common reasons behind this persistent issue.
- Firewall or Antivirus Interference: Firewalls and antivirus software can sometimes incorrectly identify Discord’s voice connection as a potential threat, subsequently blocking the outgoing connection and causing the No Route error. Always make sure that your software settings allow Discord through your firewall and antivirus to avoid this issue.
- VPN Connection Issues: Using a VPN may sometimes cause conflicts with Discord if the assigned IP address keeps changing or the VPN isn’t compatible with Discord’s settings. Make sure to use a VPN that allows you to set a fixed IP address or one that is known to be compatible with Discord.
- Incorrect DNS Settings: An improper DNS configuration may prevent you from connecting to Discord’s voice server. Using a reliable DNS server like Google’s DNS can resolve this issue. You can configure your DNS settings to use Google’s DNS server by following the steps outlined in Method 4 of this article.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Settings: Enabling the “Quality of Service High Packet Priority” setting in Discord can sometimes result in the No Route error, particularly if your computer is unable to handle the high packet priority. Disabling this setting can help resolve the issue, as seen in Method 2 of this article.
- Outdated Network Drivers: Using outdated network drivers can lead to connectivity issues with Discord. Always make sure that your network drivers are up-to-date, and if necessary, update them to avoid the No Route error.
- Voice Server Region Compatibility: In some cases, the Discord voice server region that you are trying to connect to may be experiencing technical issues or may not be compatible with your network settings. Switching to a different voice server region may resolve the problem, as explained in Method 6 of this article.
- ISP or Network Restriction: Certain network restrictions imposed by your ISP or network administrator may cause the Discord No Route error. In such cases, you may need to contact your ISP or network administrator to resolve this issue.
By understanding these common reasons and applying the appropriate troubleshooting methods, you can effectively resolve the Discord No Route error and ensure a smoother experience while using Discord voice channels.
How to Fix Discord No Route Error
Method 1: Restart your Internet Modem / Router
The easiest way to troubleshoot Discord errors is by restarting your router. This way, you can check whether the problem is caused by your ISP or your computer’s configuration without changing user or app settings.
Step 1: Press the Power Button on your router and wait for all the lights to turn off.
Step 2: Unplug your router from the power outlet.
Step 3: Press and Hold the power button for about 5-10 seconds.
Step 4: Plug in your router.
Step 5: Turn on your router and try connecting to any Discord voice servers and see if the issue is resolved. If you still encounter the error after restarting your router, the problem is within your computer’s settings. Proceed to the following method below.
Method 2: Disable QoS on Discord’s Settings
In some cases, your computer might not be able to keep up with high packet priority quality of service on Discord, resulting in a No Route error.
Some users reported that disabling QoS from the settings resolved their problem. Follow the steps below to disable “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority” on Discord.
Step 1: Open Discord.
Step 2: Click on the Settings Icon.
Step 3: Scroll down the side menu and Find Voice & Video.
Step 4: On Voice & Video Settings, find “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.”
Step 5: Click on the switch and make sure that it is turned off.
Step 6: Restart Discord and join any Discord voice channels to see if the issue is fixed.
Method 3: Perform a DNS FLUSH
Many discord users reported that flushing the DNS and Renewing your IP can fix the “No route” error on Discord. Most of the time, you will only need to perform this method once, and the error will be corrected.
But some users experienced the need to perform DNS Flush occasionally to fix the error.
Step 1: Press on Windows Key + S and Search for CMD.
Step 2: Right Click on it and select Run as Administrator.
Step 3: On the CMD window, Type ipconfig /release and hit Enter.
Step 4: After releasing your IP Address, Type ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.
Step 5: After flushing DNS, Type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter.
Step 6: Restart your computer and try connecting to a Discord voice channel and check if the “No route” error is solved.
Method 4: Use Google’s DNS Server Settings
If you have a network administrator, you may also ask them to perform these steps.
Step 1: Press on Windows Key + S and Search for Network Status.
Step 2: Open Network Status.
Step 3: On Network Status, Find Change Adapter Options.
Step 4: Right-click on your network adapter and select the properties.
Step 5: On Ethernet Properties, Find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4.)
Step 6: Click on Properties.
Step 7: On IPv4 properties, click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
GOOGLE’s DNS SERVER (under preferred DNS server)
Alternate DNS SERVER
Step 7: Open up Discord and join a Discord voice channel to check if you can fix Discord.
Method 5: Allow Discord in Windows Firewall
There are cases when the Windows Firewall blocks incoming and outgoing connections from specific applications, leading to the app not working. Allowing Discord through the firewall may fix the Discord issue.
Step 1: Open the Control Panel by simultaneously holding down the Windows and R keys, type in “control” in the run dialog box, and press Enter.
Step 2: In the Control Panel, click on System and Security and then click Windows Defender Firewall.
Step 3: In the next window, click on “Change Settings” and click on “Allow another app.”
Step 4: Click on Browse, locate your Discord application shortcut, and click Open. Next, click Add, and last, click OK.
Step 5: Launch Discord and join any Discord voice server to see if you can fix Discord.
Method 6: Changing the Voice Call Server Region
This Discord Route Error can also be caused by a network problem in a specific Discord voice region. You can potentially fix the Discord No Route error if you change the Discord Voice region you are on.
Step 1: In a direct call from Discord, click on the drop-down arrow to open the Discord server settings window for the region that you are currently on and select a different voice region.
Step 2: After selecting a different voice region, check if the issue has been fixed.
Method 7: Check Your VPN Settings
When you use a VPN, you will be given varying IP addresses. Regardless of the VPN provider, you are using, you will be assigned a new IP address every time the VPN application launches unless you set it to a fixed location.
If your VPN provider does not have this option, we suggest you use a different one. If you have no idea what VPN providers offer customizable settings for your IP address, then we recommend getting help from your network admin. Just let your network admin know that you want a VPN that will allow you to set a fixed IP address instead of getting varying IP addresses every time you use the VPN app.