Fixing an HP Printer Not Printing
HP printers are some of the most popular brands in the market today. Its performance and price make it an excellent choice for many homes or offices. HP printers boast both reliable performance and easy printer setup.
Unfortunately, there will be times when you will experience your HP printer not printing errors. This can be problematic, especially if you need to do many printing jobs. This article will look at some steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix this issue.
HP Printer – The Basics
HP Printers are a range of machines manufactured by Hewlett-Packard. These printers range from small home HP Deskjet printers, HP Laserjet Printers, and HP Officejet Printers to large industrial models such as the Designjet.
Windows Automatic Repair Tool
- Your machine is currently running Windows 10
- Restoro is compatible with your operating system.
Recommended: To repair Windows Errors, use this software package; Restoro System Repair. This repair tool has been proven to identify and fix these errors and other Windows problems with very high efficiency.
- 100% safe as confirmed by Norton.
- Only your system and hardware are evaluated.
In addition to printers with ink cartridges, HP has a range of laser printers for users who need image printing. HP has improved its products by including advanced features such as easy printer setup, wireless Bluetooth technology, and an intelligent printing system.
The HP printer not printing is a common issue many online forums receive. Unfortunately, Some HP printer users also encounter errors. Thankfully, there are several ways to fix this error.
Method 1 – Do Basic Troubleshooting
Just like in any issue with any technology, the first step is to troubleshoot. The HP Printer not printing can be due to several reasons. Therefore, basic troubleshooting will help isolate any issues like if you are experiencing a jam, paper tray issue, problems with the ink level, driver error, or more.
When you find your HP printer won’t print, try the following:
1. Check the status of the printer’s HP printer connection and your PC. Make sure the devices are correctly attached. You should also check if your network or USB cable is not broken.
If the USB cable is faulty, you can get a new one to ensure a better connection. Be sure to check your printer’s wireless connection too. Check if the Bluetooth wireless connection is functioning at all or not offline.
2. Restart your HP Printer. Turn it off and unplug the power cord. Leave it a few minutes before plugging again.
Some latest 2021 HP printers also require a wifi connection. Therefore, you should check the status of your wifi connection.
3. Restart your computer. Restarting will help ensure that you are not looking at any system error causing your HP printer not to print.
Sometimes, your PC will also read that your printer is offline, so make sure this is not the case. Be sure to diagnose correctly. You may need to connect to the same wifi connection.
4. Check if your HP printer has the correct ink levels. If you are using a printer that needs ink or toner, then be sure you have enough ink or toner.
Some newer HP printer models will usually show the status of the ink level or amount of toner on the front screen of the HP printer. Furthermore, you will get your ink lights flashing if you need to add more.
If this is the issue, you might need to install new ink cartridges. Follow the instruction on the website or your PC manual on how to do so.
5. Check if you have enough paper in the paper tray. If you have sufficient paper, you also need to check if you are not experiencing a paper jam or stuck documents.
If you indeed have a paper jam, it is best to review your manufacturer’s manual on removing paper because there is a chance you’ll ruin your internal mechanisms or the paper feeder if done incorrectly.
6. Check your printer lights. An HP Deskjet printer comes with light indicators, which will give you an idea of why your printer is acting up. Check your user manual to decode and continue with your print jobs when it is unclear what the lights mean.
7. If your printer is not printing color correctly, this could be a case of a badly needed deep cleaning. You can follow instructions on how to clean a print head using your manufacturer’s website.
Printing color correctly is a crucial role that printers must deliver to ensure it works properly. Check if your machine is printing black correctly, it will also help you isolate possible issues.
To read more detailed explanations and steps on how to fix printer connections, click here.
Method 2 – Set HP Printer As Default
Each time you try to print something, your PC will automatically assign these printing tasks to the designated default printer. Sometimes, you may experience an HP printer not printing when you have not set it up as your default printer or selected it as the printer to print. Setting it up as a default printer will also help avoid this problem if you have a new printer.
Follow these steps to assign HP Printer as your default printer.
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open Run Dialog. In the run dialog box, type “control” and hit Enter to open the control panel.
- In the Control Panel, select Devices and Printers.
- Next, locate your HP printer in the printers section and right-click on it. Select Set as the default printer. Click Yes if prompted.
- Now you will find a tick below the HP printer icon; this means this is your default printer.
Method 3 – Cancel All HP Printer Jobs
Sometimes, you will experience an HP printer not printing error when the print queue becomes stuck. This can happen when too many print jobs are lined up, causing a delay in your printer processing the printing request.
To fix the HP printer issue, clear the print queue. This will also allow newer print jobs to come along faster.https://techloris.com/printer-driver-is-unavailable/
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo + R to open Run Dialog. In the run dialog box, type control and hit Enter to open the control panel.
- In the Control Panel, select Devices and Printers.
- In the list of printing devices, locate your HP Printer. Note: Make sure to choose the one you are having issues with. Right-click on the correct HP printer and select “See what’s printing” from the drop-down list.
- This will open up a new page. Click the “Printer” menu item in the top right and select “Open as Administrator” in the drop-down menu.
- Next, open the “Printer” menu item in the top right again and select “Cancel All Documents.”
- If a confirmation dialog window opens, you need to confirm you want to clear all documents in the print queue by choosing “Yes”
See if this fixes the HP printer error by trying to reprint your document(s). If the HP printer doesn’t print, try the following method.
Method 4 – Update Your HP Printer Driver
Outdated drivers will cause issues when you try to print again. You need to update your drivers to make it work again. You can do this by manually downloading, installing, and troubleshooting your printer driver, or using third-party software to automate the process. In this example, we will look at the manual way to update your HP printer driver.
A printer driver is a program that allows the software to communicate with your HP printer. Every brand of printer has specific software. Therefore, it is crucial to download only from the HP official page.
In addition, each operating system may have a specific driver. Make sure to avoid downloading the wrong printer driver to avoid more issues. When your HP Printer has outdated drivers, it will not work correctly, and the printer won’t print until the update is applied.
1. Go to Control Panel by pressing the Windows Logo + R on your keyboard. On the run dialog box, type Control and press “enter” on the keyboard.
2. In the control panel, click on ‘Hardware and Sound’
3. Next, click on Device Manager to show your machine all the attached hardware. Locate the ‘Printers’ drop-down, which will contain the HP Printer.
4. Right-click the HP printer you want to update and click ‘Update driver.’
5. Pick whether to search for drivers automatically or manually. Unless you have already downloaded the latest drivers, you can choose automatically and store them in an external drive.
6. If Windows doesn’t locate any new drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website and download them before installing them manually.
7. Finally, run the installer to complete the setup.
If you experience any errors while updating your drivers, click here to read our guide about fixing printer driver issues.
Method 5 – Make Sure Your Wireless Printer is Connected to the Same Network as Your Computer
This method applies to wireless printers. You have to make sure that your computer is connected to the same network as your computer. There are instances when the printer is attached to a different wireless network, and your computer is connected to another. In this case, regardless of the brand of the printer, your printer won’t print any files you send to it.
Method 6 – Contact HP Customer Support
One good thing about an HP printer is that they provide excellent customer support for current HP printer users. The support team is always ready to assist users when all basic repairs have been done.
You can contact the HP customer support team through the HP official page. You can troubleshoot with support services or even order additional items like cartridges or toners.
Click here to go to the HP Support site. On their website, you will use diagnostic tools to find and fix issues, Check warranty status or contact an HP agent for Support. To start speaking with a technical support agent, you may have to enter information about your printers, such as their serial number.
Once you speak with a technical support representative, ensure that you provide the necessary information to make things easy with your support agent.
The HP printer not printing can be due to different reasons. The methods mentioned above will help you understand your printing machine better. Still, if you feel that the troubleshooting methods are too much for you, you can contact HP’s customer service directly.