Drivers are critical components of your system, and they allow communication between your computer and an external device. Naturally, Microsoft will not be able to support all types of existing devices. Most of the time, you’ll have to get and download and install drivers manually to get a device to work.
Wireless technology is growing increasingly popular among the masses with each passing day. Numerous Windows users want to get rid of their wired peripherals in favor of more comfortable wireless options. As Bluetooth gadgets, such as the Apple AirPods, get sold out quicker than ever, more users are having trouble using Bluetooth technology on Windows 10.
Several typical issues with Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10 can be solved by reading this tutorial, including Bluetooth not working or not being able to identify devices.
What Are Drivers?
A driver, sometimes known as a device driver, is a collection of files that communicate with the operating system to instruct a hardware device on how to operate. A driver is a must for every piece of computer hardware, including your graphics card and other internal components and external devices like a printer.
In most cases, your PC’s operating system will automatically update the driver files so that you don’t have to worry about manually checking for updates. To keep your system up to date and working correctly, you can download updates and let them install themselves.
Why You Should Keep Your Drivers Updated
From new functional and security updates designed to prevent cybercriminals from compromising your files to technological enhancements for your device, driver updates can supply everything you need. Device manufacturers frequently find “bugs” or glitches or faults and then release a driver package to fix them.
As new advancements are achieved, and unknown threats and errors are found regularly, driver updates enable manufacturers to continue providing support to consumers who use their devices. Most of the time, you don’t need to buy new parts if your device is compatible with driver updates.
Failure to keep drivers up to date can result in serious issues. Along with not getting new updates and speed enhancements, your device may become vulnerable to hackers or malware or cease to function entirely. It may render your computer unusable if it’s a vital component, such as the graphics card or the motherboard.
Causes of Missing or Corrupt Bluetooth Drivers
If you want to connect Bluetooth devices such as wireless Bluetooth microphones or wireless Bluetooth headphones on your Windows 10 computer, or if you’re going to transfer files from your phone to Windows 10 through Bluetooth, you’ll need to install Bluetooth drivers for Windows 10. However, the issue is that you can no longer find Bluetooth in the Settings box.
Here are possible causes of getting a missing or corrupt Bluetooth driver:
- Outdated Driver
- Faulty Drivers
- Missing System Files
- Outdated Windows Operating System
- Possible Virus Infection
- Defective Bluetooth Device
Step by Step Guide on How to Download Bluetooth Drivers
There are two ways to download and install Bluetooth drivers for your Windows computer. The first step is to automatically download and install Bluetooth driver updates through Windows or a third-party software program such as Restoro.
The second one is to do it manually. The latter will require you to perform several steps before starting the process and guiding you with these steps. You can follow our easy-to-follow guide to update your Bluetooth driver finally.
Manually Downloading and Installing Bluetooth Drivers in Windows
Before you start downloading a random Bluetooth driver from the internet, you first need to know what type of system you are running on. You need to know what processor your device is using, who the manufacturer of your device is, and the type of architecture your device is running out of.
This applies to built-in Bluetooth devices only. For external Bluetooth devices, downloading and installing Bluetooth drivers are more straightforward as these Bluetooth devices are mostly plug-and-play.
We will focus on the steps you need to perform if you have a built-in Bluetooth adapter for this guide.
Update Bluetooth Drivers in Device Manager
1. Press the “Windows” and “R” keys on your keyboard and type in “devmgmt.msc” in the run command line, and press enter to open the Device Manager window.
2. In the list of devices, double-click on “Bluetooth” to expand the selection, right-click on your Bluetooth device adapter, and click “Update Drivers.”
3. Select “Search Automatically for Drivers” and follow on-screen instructions to install the driver installation for your Bluetooth adapter completely.
4. If your driver sees that you already have the latest driver for your Bluetooth device, it should say, “The best drivers are already installed.”
Alternate Method to Updating Your Bluetooth Driver in Device Manager
- Follow the same steps mentioned above from steps 1 to 3, but instead of clicking “Search Automatically for Drivers”, click “Browse my Computer for Drivers”.
2. To cite an example, let’s say you have an Intel wireless Bluetooth adapter, then you will have to download the Intel wireless Bluetooth software.
Open your preferred internet browser and go to Intel’s official website to see the supported wireless adapters. If you see the correct drivers for your Intel wireless Bluetooth adapter, go ahead and download the wireless adapter software package for your Bluetooth driver.
3. Download the appropriate package Bluetooth version for your wireless adapter driver. Once the download is complete, go back to your device manager, manually locate the Bluetooth driver package you just downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Restart your computer after installing the latest version of your Bluetooth driver and enjoy the Bluetooth technology on your computer.
Automatically Download and Install Bluetooth Drivers
As we have mentioned above, there are two ways that you can update your driver software. You can either use the Windows update tool or a third-party program to download and install your Bluetooth driver.
If you want to save time or don’t want to experience the hassle of updating your drivers manually, follow these steps to install or update Bluetooth drivers automatically.
Run the Windows Update Tool
The Windows Update tool will not only install the drivers for your Bluetooth adapter, but it will also install drivers for other devices. Additionally, some updates will also come with updates for security, bug fixes, and other essential software updates.
- Press the “Windows” key on your keyboard and press “R” to bring up the run line command and type in “control update” and press enter.
- Click on “Check for Updates” in the Windows Update window. If there are no updates available then you should get a message saying “You’re Up to Date”.
- If the Windows Update Tool finds a new update, let it install it and wait for it to complete. You may be required to restart your computer in order for it to install.
Automatically Update Drivers Using Restoro
If you want an all-in-one application that will automatically update drivers and keep your computer safe from threats, you should use Restoro.
- Downoad and install Restoro:
- Once Restoro has been installed on your Windows PC, you will be directed to the homepage of Restoro. Click on Start Scan to let Restoro analyze what needs to be performed on your computer.
- Once the scan is complete, click on Start Repair to fix all the items that Restoro has found that are causing the Driver is Not Available Printer error on your computer.
- Once Restoro has completed the repair and updates on the incompatible driver, restart your computer and see if the “Printer Driver is Unavailable” Error in Windows has been fixed.
With the advancement of technology, it is undeniable that most people would prefer using wireless devices. Together with that advancement, Bluetooth technology has played a critical role in the success of achieving wireless freedom.
However, despite today’s technological advances, it is still far from perfect. We hope you found our article helpful in getting your Bluetooth driver installed.