One of the best things about Windows 10 is its capable of installing drivers for your external devices like a printer. If you run into a problem while using your printer windows has a built in troubleshooter to assist users on fixing issues related to printing devices.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend the Restoro PC Repair Tool:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure, and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool rated Great on TrustPilot.com.
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
Restoro has been downloaded by 14,567 readers this week.
But before running the troubleshooter make sure to do basic check first.
- Check all the cables and connection to your printer.
- Make sure that your computer detects your printer.
- If you are using your printer for the first time on your computer make sure you have the proper drivers installed
- Check the printer and make sure that the indicator lights are turned on
- Restart your printer
- Restart your computer
If your printer is still encountering problems after checking the things above, run the printer troubleshooter.
Step 1: Press on Windows Key + S and search for “Printers & Scanners”
Step 2: Open Printers & Scanners settings
Step 3: On the right side menu, find “Run the Troubleshooter”
Step 4: On the Troubleshooter click on Next
Step 5: Wait for the Troubleshooter to finish scanning your computer
Step 6: Select the printer that is encountering problems
Step 7: Click Next
Step 8: Wait for the scan to finish
Step 9: The troubleshooter will recommend you to make the printer the default printer
Step 10: Click on Apply this fix
Step 11: Wait for the troubleshooter to finish applying the new settings
Now the troubleshooter may offer different fixes depending on the problem that it detects. Just make sure to follow what the troubleshooter recommends to do.
If the troubleshooter failed to fix your printer problems the issue could be on the printer itself. Try using it on another computer and see if it will work.
Visit the nearest service center and ask them to check your printer for possible hardware problems.