Fixing Discord Screen Share Audio: The Ultimate Repair Guide
The discord screen sharing no audio is a problem experienced by Discord users where the audio is not working while sharing their screen. This issue can be caused by various reasons, including:
- Incorrect audio settings – Ensure that the audio settings on your device are configured correctly.
- Weak internet connection – A weak or unstable internet connection can result in audio issues while sharing the screen on Discord.
- Outdated software or browser – Outdated software or an unsupported browser can also cause audio problems with Discord screen share.
17 Quick and Easy Methods to Resolve Discord Screen Shair Audio Error
To resolve this issue, users can try methods such as the following:
Check Discord Server Status
In case of any issues with Discord, the initial step is to verify the server status on the Discord platform. Keeping an eye on the Twitter handle @Discordapp can also give an insight into any current troubles.
If you encounter any outages, it could be due to maintenance work or an issue at Discord’s end. In such scenarios, it’s advisable to wait for the issue to be resolved by the development team.
Restart Your Computer and Discord
When you shut down the Discord application on a Windows device, it remains active in the background and can be accessed from the system tray. There is no specific “restart” option.
To restart Discord on Windows, you can:
1. Open the Discord app and click the “X” in the upper-right corner.
2. Locate the Discord icon in the system tray.
3. Right-click the Discord icon and choose “Quit Discord” from the menu.
4. This will close the Discord app completely. To start Discord again, press the Windows key, search for it, and select the top result.
Switch to Legacy Audio
To change to the Legacy audio subsystem on Discord, follow these steps:
1. Open the Discord desktop application.
2. Click the “User Settings” gear icon at the bottom.
3. Select “Voice & Video.”
4. Down on the “Audio Subsystem” section, navigate o the drop-down menu.
5. Choose “Legacy” from the options and confirm the change in the dialog box.
6. Click “Okay” to save the modifications.
Update the Discord App
One way to resolve issues with Discord on an iPhone is to ensure that the app is up-to-date. To manually update the Discord app, follow these steps:
1. Open the App Store
2. Tap on the profile picture in the screen’s top right corner.
3. Scroll downwards until you find Discord.
4. Tap the “Update” button on the right to initiate the update process.
Add the Program to Discord
To effectively share your screen on Discord, the program you intend to stream must be added to the platform. If you haven’t added it yet, follow these steps:
- Launch both Discord and the program you wish to share.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Hover over to the “Game Status” tab, and then select “Add it.”
- From the drop-down menu, choose the program you want to share.
- Click “Add Game.”
- Ensure the toggle next to “OVERLAY” is turned on.
If you’re still encountering an issue with Discord screen sharing having no audio, try the following fix.
Open Discord as Administrator
When encountering difficulties with sharing audio through Discord’s screen-sharing feature, the first solution to try is running Discord as a local administrator. The screen-sharing feature may not function properly if the user runs Discord as a standard user.
To run Discord as an administrator:
1. Close Discord by exiting the application and right-clicking on the Discord icon in the taskbar tray menu, selecting “Quit Discord” to stop the program from running in the background.
2. Locate the Discord launcher and right-click on it, then choose “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
3. If prompted by the User Account Control (UAC) screen, click “Yes” to grant Discord elevated permissions, which may be necessary for screen sharing.
4. A password might be required at this point. If you do not have it, reach out to the computer’s owner or learn how to change your user account to an administrator account.
5. Test if the audio can be shared during screen sharing.
Disable Full Screen Mode on the App
The utilization of full-screen mode can sometimes result in technical issues, such as bugs or conflicts with the application’s permissions. To mitigate these problems, it is recommended to use a windowed mode instead of a full-screen mode. The steps to enable windowed mode vary depending on your application. Here are some general steps that can apply to most applications:
1. Locate the application’s settings or options menu. This can typically be found in the application’s main menu or by right-clicking on the application’s icon in the taskbar.
2. Look for a display or graphics setting.
3. Find the option to switch between full-screen and windowed mode. This option may be labeled as “Full-screen” or “Windowed,” or it may use a toggle switch.
4. Change the setting to windowed mode.
5. Restart the application to apply the changes.
Reset Discord Voice Settings
Inaccurate Discord voice configurations can result in audio problems. If the audio is not functioning after you’ve made changes to the Discord settings, try resetting the voice settings to the default to determine if it resolves the issue. Here’s how:
1. Launch Discord >> click the Settings icon.
2. Navigate to Voice & Video, then select Reset Voice Settings.
3. Confirm by clicking Okay.
4. Test screen sharing to check if the issue has been resolved.
Update Your Audio Driver
A reliable solution to audio problems on any computer is to update your audio drivers. Even if you believe they are current, a new update might have been released, or your driver files could have become corrupted since you last installed them.
Updating the audio drivers on your PC is straightforward, and you can test the Discord screen share with audio once you have the latest version:
1. Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard simultaneously, then select Device Manager.
3. Click the arrow icon in front of Expand the Sound, Video, and game controllers section to expand it. Right-click on the sound device you’re using (for example, Realtek, Intel, etc.) and select Update Driver.
4. Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” to let Windows search for the latest compatible drivers for your device. Ensure you have an internet connection to succeed on this step.
5. Restart your computer after the new driver has been downloaded and installed. Check if the issue with Discord screen share having no audio has been resolved after the new drivers are installed.
Enable Discord Audio Capture
To ensure audio is captured while sharing your screen on Discord, you need to enable the dedicated audio capture feature. If it’s turned off, the audio will not be present while screen sharing. To enable it, follow these steps:
1. Go to User Settings by clicking the gear icon in the bottom left corner.
2. Scroll down and select the Voice & Video option from the left pane.
3. In the right pane, look for the “Use an experimental method to capture audio from applications” option and enable it by clicking the toggle.
4. Restart Discord and try sharing your screen. The audio should now be streamed with the video feed.
Repair Corrupt System Files
To resolve any issues with system files that may be causing audio problems in Discord, consider using the professional Windows repair tool, Restoro.
The tool analyzes your computer and repairs any broken system components without affecting your personal data. Follow these steps to use Restoro to fix Discord:
1. Download and install the program on your PC.
2. Launch Restoro and initiate a free scan of your system.
3. Wait for the scan to complete, which may take several minutes, and review the detailed report of your PC’s status.
4. If you want to repair the issues, click the START REPAIR button. The full version of Restoro comes with a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee, so you can request a refund if the program does not resolve the issue within 60 days.
5. After the repair process, restart Discord to see if the audio is functioning correctly.
Check the Audio Settings on Your Mac
To properly set up the audio settings on a Mac, these steps can be taken:
- Click on the Apple logo.
- Access the System Preferences.
- Select the Sound option.
- Proceed to the Output section.
- Choose the appropriate device for sound output from the available options.
- Ensure the Mute box in the bottom-right corner is not selected.
- Switch to Your Phone’s Data
If you’re experiencing a lack of sound, one possible solution is to switch from your Wi-Fi connection to your phone’s data connection, or vice versa. This might help resolve the issue if a weak internet connection caused it. You can easily make the switch by swiping up from the bottom of your screen, tapping the Wi-Fi icon, and then tapping the Data icon located next to it.
Update Your iPhone’s System
If your iPhone’s operating system is outdated, it may result in audio problems on Discord. Here’s how you can start an iPhone system update:
- Navigate to Settings on your home screen.
- Go to the General tab.
- Go to the Software Update section.
- If a new version of the OS is available, tap on “Download and Install.”
The update might take a while before its completion. You can also enable automatic updates from this section.
Check Android Compatibility with Discord
If you’re using an Android device, it’s important to note that Discord requires at least Amazon OS version 5 to function optimally. Older operating system versions may allow you to download the app, but not all of its features will be accessible.
Additionally, it’s worth mentioning that Discord is only compatible with devices that utilize Google Play Services. Devices that do not have access to Google Play Services, like the Kindle Fire, will not be able to use Discord.
Check Browser Version Compatibility with Discord
If you’re encountering issues with sound in Discord, make sure you’re using a compatible browser. The following browsers have been confirmed to work with Discord: Google Chrome, Firefox 80 and higher, Opera, Microsoft Edge 17 and above (including Chromium Edge 79 and above on Windows and macOS), and Safari 11 and up (available on macOS 10.13 High Sierra and later). If you’re already using one of these browsers and still experiencing audio problems, consider trying a different browser as an alternative.
To fix problems arising from corrupted or damaged Discord files, reinstalling the app may be a viable solution. Here are the steps to reinstall Discord:
- Open the Control Panel on your computer by pressing the Windows logo key and typing “control,” then select “Control Panel.”
- In the Control Panel, select “Uninstall a program” under the “View by” category.
- Right-click on Discord and choose “Uninstall.”
- Download the latest version of Discord and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reinstallation process.
In conclusion, “Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working” is a common issue that can be resolved through proper troubleshooting. By understanding the most common causes of this error, Discord users can effectively resolve the issue and continue to use the app for their video calls and screen-sharing needs.