Discord is one of the most popular VoIP applications in the world. What used to be the tool for communication for gamers has now grown into servicing more than 150 million users monthly.
Nonetheless, while this tool is usually stable and easy to use, it can also have some issues. For example, when you experience a Discord screen, share no audio error.
Screen sharing is a feature introduced by Discord in 2017. Since then, this feature has been one of the most widely used in this platform. Screen sharing allows people to communicate better.
As a result, many Discord users rely on screen sharing to show their desktops to others. It is not surprising that people become frustrated when getting this issue.
Windows Instant Repair Tool
- Your machine is currently running Windows 10
- This Repair Utility is compatible with your operating system.
Recommended: To repair Windows 10 Errors, use this software package; Restoro System Repair. This repair tool has been proven to identify and fix these errors and other Windows problems with very high efficiency.
- 100% safe as confirmed by Norton.
- Only your system and hardware are evaluated.
Method 1 – Reboot Your Computer
Sometimes there will be applications running on your computer that will conflict with Discord. Thus, this conflict will create an audio problem. To fix this issue, you need to restart your computer. This way, you can restart all of the running applications. Once restarted, you can try using your Discord again.
Method 2 – Update Your Discord
Using an outdated Discord may be the cause of your audio issues. You can fix the problem by updating to the newest version.
To fix any bugs, Discord takes regular updates. If you experience no sound while sharing a screen, it may happen that Discord is working improperly because of the update. And then, a new update is required to fix the problem.
- Press “Windows” + R” keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %localappdata% and hit Ok.
- Locate the Discord folder and double-click.
- Double click the Update.exe.
- Relaunch discord after the update.
Method 3 – Clean Discord’s Roaming Data
Another reason why you may experience Discord screen share no sound error when your temporary file’s folder is full. This can be resolved by clearing the roaming data.
- Close your Discord client.
- Press the Windows key and type %appdata%. Hit Enter.
- Right-click on the discord folder and click Delete.
- Relaunch your Discord and see if it fixed the problem.
Method 4 – Temporarily Disable Your Windows Defender and Antivirus Programs
Sometimes, your Windows Defender will block your connection to Discord. You can temporarily disable your Windows Defender if that is the issue. Take note that when you disable your antivirus programs, you must be careful of any sites that you are visiting.
- Open Windows Defender by clicking on the Windows button and type “Windows Security” and press “enter”.
- Click on “Virus & Threat Protection” in the Windows Security homepage.
- Under Virus & Threat Protection Settings, click “Manage Settings” and disable the following options:
- Real-time Protection
- Cloud-delivered Protection
- Automatic Sample Submission
- Tamper Protection
- Once all of the options have been disabled, relaunch Discord and check if the issue has been fixed.
Method 5 – Reset Your Discord Voice Settings
You may experience the Discord screen share no sound error when using incorrect settings. Updating your settings will fix an issue in no time.
- Open your Discord client.
- Find and click the “Settings” icon at the bottom right side of the client.
- Choose Voice and Video option.
- Click Reset Voice Settings and Click the Okay button.
- Try using the screen sharing feature again to see if other users can hear your presentation now.
Method 6 – Check Your Computer Audio Settings
Another reason your Discord audio is failing is when you are using incorrect audio settings on your PC. To fix this, you need to configure your audio and microphone settings correctly.
- Right-click on the Windows Icon at the lower-left corner of your display.
- Click Search.
- Type “Microphone privacy settings” in the dialog box
- Open the Windows settings returned in the results.
- Choose “Allow apps to access your microphone is turned On”.
- You can also see a list of all applications that uses your microphone. Check if Discord has its access.
- Save the changes and exit. Open Discord and check if the issue has been fixed.
Method 7 – Use Discord Legacy Audio Subsystem
Sometimes, you can experience errors in Discord when your hardware is incompatible with the platform’s latest audio subsystem. You can switch to the legacy Audio subsystem.
- Open Discord.
- Click on the Settings Icon.
- Next, click Audio & Video.
- Locate and click AUDIO SUBSYSTEM, select Legacy.
- Click Okay to save and check if the issue has been finally fixed.
Discord screen share no sound error is not a very common issue. Nevertheless, if you experience this issue, you can always follow the methods above for a quick and easy fix.