If you receive an error code 0xC004F074, the Key Management Service is not available or cannot be accessed during the activation process. The Key Management Service is a service that automates the activation of Microsoft Office or Windows Operating System licenses after they are installed. The computer’s activation is renewed every three months by checking for an active registration license.
The Windows Error Code 0xC004F074 happens when a user tries to upgrade from an older version of Windows, like Windows 7 or 8, to a newer version of Windows, like Windows 10. People are also unable to access their laptops and are presented with the following message:
“Windows is unable to reach your company’s activation service. Please connect to your corporate network. If you are connected and continue to see the error, contact your system administrator. You can also click on the error detail to find the exact error. Error code: 0xC004F074.”
As soon as Microsoft released Windows 10 in 2015, the issue of Windows 10 activation failing with an error code 0xC004F074 became widespread. While Microsoft promptly published a patch that resolved the issue for the majority, it continues to resurface with Cumulative Windows Updates.
Even though the problem can occur for legitimate reasons (such as when the KMS is unable to communicate with activation servers), users should be aware that the Windows Activation code 0xC004F074 can also occur if you download and install an illegitimate version of Windows or the Microsoft Office suite from a pirated software website.
These sites are hazardous and can harm your computer by installing malware, opening a backdoor, spying on your every move, or sending spam. Similarly, we recommend that you only acquire updates from reputable sources.
Windows Automatic Repair Tool
- Your machine is currently running Windows 10
- Restoro is compatible with your operating system.
Recommended: To repair Windows 10 Errors, use this software package; Restoro System Repair. This repair tool has been proven to identify and fix these errors and other Windows problems with very high efficiency.
- 100% safe as confirmed by Norton.
- Only your system and hardware are evaluated.
You should also keep in mind that you can become a victim of scammers and have your computer infected with viruses. Criminals imitate well-known companies online and try to dupe users to download bogus software updates to scam money or unintentionally install harmful applications.
If you’ve downloaded a genuine update and get the Windows Activation code xC004F074, follow the steps below to resolve it manually. However, it is essential to follow the instructions carefully to avoid causing more problems with your computer when you try to activate Windows.
Windows Activation Error 0xC004F074 Troubleshooting Methods
We’ll try a few different approaches to resolve the problem when you try to activate Windows 10. It is important to remember to cure activation error 0xc004f074 as quickly as possible. You must carefully follow the directions below.
So, without further ado, here are the steps to follow to resolve the Windows Activation code 0xC004F074.
First Method – Automatically Fix Windows Activation Error 0xC004F074
Even if you may manually resolve the 0xC004F074 activation issue, we strongly advise you to use the automatic solution. You can do this by using professional system optimization tools such as Restoro. Once installed, it will do a comprehensive system diagnostic and assist you in resolving the problem.
Restoro is a virus removal and system repair tool for any Windows system, and it promises a thorough system analysis in a short amount of time. Because of this, users can look forward to improved system optimization, the elimination of malware and infections, and a cleaner device.
When a computer begins to display Windows errors or malfunctions, most people attempt to reinstall the operating system. While this is a tried-and-true method of improving computer performance, it can also result in the loss of important data and settings. Among the many services, Restoro offers are PC security software and a range of system repair tools.
With tools such as Restoro, even the most inexperienced PC users can save effort and time with just a few simple clicks.
Second Method – Force Windows to Establish a Connection with the Activation Servers to Activate Windows
Slmgr.vbs is a command that can be used to force Windows to connect to the activation servers. You’ll need to run Command Prompt as an administrator to fix the 0xC004F074 error:
- Open Command Prompt by holding down the “windows” key and press “R” and type “cmd” in the run command line. Hold down both the “ctrl and shift” keys together and press enter. Click “OK” on the next window to grant administrator permissions to the Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type in the following command: “slmgr.vbs –ipk YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY” and hit “Enter”. Please replace the letters “Y” with your Operating System product key number.
- In the same command prompt window, type in the following command: “slmgr.vbs –ato” and hit Enter.
- Close the command prompt window and restart your computer. Once your computer is back on, try to check if the error code xC004F074 has already been fixed.
Third Method – Update Your Activation Code vid the Software Licensing User Interface 3 (SLUI) Command
The SLUI 3 command activates the GUI for changing/updating your Windows product key.
- Hold down the “windows” key and press “R” and type “slui 3” in the run command line and click “OK” or hit Enter.
- Click on “Yes” on the User Account Control pop-up.
- You will be led to the Activation status windows wherein you will be asked to enter your product key with the additional following message: “Your product key should be in an email from whoever sold or distributed Windows to you, or on the box the Windows DVD or USB came in.”
- After typing in your product key, click “next” and wait for the activation to finish.
Fourth Method – Run a Windows System File Checker (SFC) Scan
The Windows System File Checker (SFC) is another essential tool for scanning and repairing corrupted or missing Windows system files. To run a scan using Windows SFC in the Command Prompt, follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt by holding down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type “cmd” in the run command line. Hold down both the “ctrl and shift” keys together and press enter. Click “OK” on the next window to grant administrator permissions to the Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type “sfc /scannow” and press enter. Wait for the System File Checker to complete the scan and restart the computer. Once done, run the Windows Update tool to check if the issue has been fixed.
- Once the scan is complete close Command Prompt and make sure to restart your computer. Once your computer is back on, try to check if the error code 0xc004f074 has already been fixed.
Fifth Method – Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
When you have problems activating your Windows Operating System, you can use a built-in troubleshooting tool in Windows 10 to figure out what’s wrong and start the process over again. Please follow these steps to utilize the Windows Update Troubleshooter to resolve issues with Windows activation.
- Press the “windows” key on your keyboard and then press “R”. Type in “CMD” in the small window pop-up. To grant administrator access, press “shift + ctrl + enter” keys to open the elevated Command Prompt.
- When a new window opens, click “Troubleshoot” and click “Additional Troubleshooters”.
- Next, click “Windows Update” and then click “Run the Troubleshooter”.
- At this point, the troubleshooter will automatically scan and fix errors in your PC. Once done, you can reboot and check if you are experiencing the same error.
- After the Windows Update Troubleshooter is done fixing issues that it has detected, to try to see if the error code 0xc004f074 has been fixed.
Sixth Method – Get in Touch with the Microsoft Support Team
Contact Microsoft Support, explain the error you’re experiencing, and request that your product key be changed. When you attempt to use the same Windows activation product key excessively, the server may limit your access.
In this scenario, you’ll need to contact Microsoft’s support team to reset your Windows activation product key and they will also guide you in the activation process.
When you have the correct Windows product activation key or digital license, activating Windows shouldn’t be a big deal. Apply any of the suggested methods if you encounter the Windows Error Code 0xC004F074.