GeForce Experience is an application from NVIDIA which goes together with GTX graphics cards. This application is used to let the users update their graphics card drivers easily, optimize their game settings and a lot more.
Although you can use your computer without GeForce Experience, using the application will give you more benefits than disadvantages. Some users use the application to record their game plays or stream, that is why getting an error when trying to use it may cause a lot of inconveniences.
Recommended: To easily install drivers automatically, use the tool below.
One of the common issues that some users may experience when opening up the NVIDIA GeForce Experience is the Error Code 0x0001. This error prevents users from launching GeForce Experience no matter how much they try to relaunch the program. Here’s a screenshot of that error:
Getting this error message may not be a great experience as you will not be able to experience all the features that come with your graphics card. However, just like any other issues, fixing this error is possible and easy.
How to Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001
First Method – Make Sure the Nvidia Display Driver Services Are Working
- Open up the Services Window by pressing the “Windows” key and “R” and type in “services.msc” in the run line command and press enter.
- In the Services window, look for the following services and make sure they have the same settings as listed:
- NVIDIA Display Container LS – Automatic
- NVIDIA NetworkService Container – Manual
- NVIDIA LocalSystem Container – Automatic
- NVIDIA LocalSystem Container – Automatic
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service – Automatic (Delayed Start)
- NVIDIA Geforce Experience Backend Service – Automatic (Delayed Start)
- NVIDIA Telemetry Container service – Automatic
In our sample screenshot, we have selected NVIDIA Display Container LS. Right click on the service and select properties. In the Startup Type, make sure you have set it to “Automatic” and then click “OK”
Perform the same steps for the rest of the services.
Note: Make sure all services are running. Click on “Start” the services on the upper left corner of the window if the service is stopped.
- Once you have made sure all the services have been properly configured, restart your computer and check if the NVIDIA GeForce Experience is already working properly.
Second Method – Update the NVIDIA Display Drivers
To get the latest features and bug fixes, you have to make sure that your display drivers are updates. In most times, you can download the latest updates through NVIDIA GeForce Experience. However, if you are getting the error code 0x0001 then you won’t be able to update the display drivers through the GeForce Experience.
To manually update your display drivers, follow these steps:
- Press the “Windows” and “R” keys to bring up the run line command. Type in “devmgmt.msc” and press “enter” to bring up the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, click on “Display Adapters” and right click on your graphics card. Select “Update Driver” and click “Search Automatically for Drivers” and wait for the download to complete and run the installation.
- Once the driver has been installed successfully, restart your computer and check if NVIDIA GeForce Experience is already working properly.
Third Method – Reinstall a Fresh Copy of GeForce Experience
In order to reinstall a new copy of GeForce Experience, you will have to remove the current copy on your computer. By performing these steps, you are removing the potentially corrupted files from your computer and installing new ones.
- Press down the “Windows” and “R” keys and type “appwiz.cpl” in the run command line and press “enter” to open the Programs and Features window
- In the list of installed programs, click on the “NVIDIA GeForce Experience” and click “Uninstall/Change” and follow the prompts to completely remove the program.
- After successfully removing NVIDIA GeForce Experience from your computer, download a fresh copy of the program by going to their official website.
- After downloading a fresh copy of GeForce Experience, double click the executable file to launch the installation. Follow the installation wizard as per usual and confirm if the problem has been fixed.
Fourth Method – Run the Windows Update Tool and Download Optional Updates
There are cases when new Windows Updates can cause issues with third party programs. This includes a conflict with the NVIDIA GeForce Experience. In this case, you may take a look at the optional updates from Windows 10 and to check if there are bug fixes for device drivers such as your graphics card.
- Press the “Windows” key on your keyboard and press “R” to bring up the run line command and type in “control update” and press enter.
- Click on “Check for Updates” in the Windows Update window. If there are no updates available then you should get a message saying “You’re Up to Date”
- However, if there are optional updates available you will get a notification just like on the below screenshot:
- Click on the “View optional updates” and you will then see a list of optional updates that you can install. If you see one that has something to do with your display drivers, then you should definitely let the Windows Update tool install it.
Performing any of the methods that we have provided might be intimidating, especially for those individuals who are not technically inclined. That is why we have provided a detailed step-by-step instruction with photos to make it easier for you to follow.