JioTV is a mobile application for Android and iOS that allows Jio members to watch their favorite TV shows and channels on their smartphones and tablets. Customers can pause and play live broadcasts, and catch-up shows from the previous seven days.
With the most outstanding streaming quality, you can watch your favorite TV shows in your desired language, including English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Bhojpuri, Punjabi, Malayalam, Assamese, Odia, Urdu, and more.
- With the 7-day catch-up of your favorite networks, you’ll never miss a show.
- You can pause and play live TV channels whenever you like.
- In the ‘Featured’ area, you’ll find all of the most popular and trending shows.
- In the ‘News’ area, you may read about the most important stories of the day.
- To ensure that you never miss a favorite station or program, add it to your favorites list.
- All sports Live / Highlights in their ‘Sports’ area is accessible with a single tap.
- Make a reminder for your favorite show so you don’t miss it.
- Record your favorite shows and watch them whenever you want.
- Rewind or advance for 30 seconds on the player in an instant.
- A simple swipe back and forth in the player will take you to the previous or next channel.
- Select the video quality at which you want it to be played.
- By simply dragging and docking the player, you may watch LIVE TV while browsing the app.
Although JioTV can be used for free, if you want to experience the app’s full features, you can go premium.
JioTV for PC Prerequisites
As of now, JioTV can only be used on iOS and Android devices. This may be a bummer for people who like using PC to watch the programs offered by JioTV. However, there is a way to install JioTV on a computer. You will have to install an Android Emulator such as BlueStacks on your computer and use JioTV through it.
Downloading an Android Emulator for PC
There are hundreds of Android Emulators available online, but we recommend using BlueStacks. BlueStacks generates a virtual Android device on your computer that runs in a window. It doesn’t precisely resemble an Android device, but it’s close enough to a phone’s screen that even a novice user should be able to use it.
BlueStacks is available for free download, installation, and use for Windows and Mac OS. While BlueStacks can run practically any Android application (it’s compatible with around 97% of the Google Play Store’s apps), it’s most popular among Android users who prefer playing mobile games on their desktop computers.
To be able to install BlueStacks on your computer, it should meet at least its minimum system requirement:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or above
- Processor: AMD or Intel Processor
- RAM (Memory): Your computer should have at least 4GB or RAM
- Storage: At least 5GB of free Disk Space
- Administrator should be logged into the PC
- Updated Graphics Card drivers
To enjoy the full potential of BlueStacks, your computer should meet the recommended system requirements.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10
- Processor: Intel or AMD Multi-Core Processor with Single Thread benchmark score > 1000.
- Graphics: Intel/Nvidia/ATI, Onboard or Discrete controller with benchmark score >= 750.
- Please ensure Virtualization is enabled on your PC/Laptop.
- RAM: 8GB or higher
- Storage: SSD (or Fusion/Hybrid Drives)
- Internet: Broadband connection to access games, accounts and related content.
- Up to date graphics drivers from Microsoft or the chipset vendor.
Let’s proceed to install BlueStacks on your computer if it fulfills the system requirements.
- Open your preferred internet browser and go to the official website of BlueStacks. In the homepage, click on “Download BlueStacks” to download the APK file installer.
- Once the download is complete, double click on the file to open it and click “Install Now”.
- Once BlueStacks have already been installed, it will automatically launch and bring you to its homepage. You can now use it to install any JioTV or Android applications.
Installing JioTV for PC
You can now install JioTV in BlueStacks after installing BlueStacks on your computer. There are two methods you can use to finish the installation. You may either use the technique that requires you to sign in to your Play Store account, or you can download and install the APK file installer.
Both ways will be covered, and you can choose which one you prefer. Let’s begin by downloading BlueStacks from the Google Play Store.
- Open BlueStacks and double-click on the Google Play Store.
- Sign-in to your Google Play Store account
- Once you have completed the Sign-in process, type in “JioTV” in the search bar and click “Install”
- Once JioTV has been installed, go back to your home and you will see the JioTV app icon. Click on it to open it and you can start enjoying JioTV for PC.
Second Method – Installing JioTV using an APK File Installer
Using this approach carries a risk because there are no legitimate sources for the JioTV APK file installer. If you choose to do so, you do it at your own risk.
- Using your preferred internet browser, look for a JioTV APK through your search engine and download the file.
- After the download is complete, double click on the file and it will automatically install the JioTV app on BlueStacks.
- Click on the JioTV app icon and you can start using the application just like the way you use it on any Android devices.
Now that you have JioTV installed on your computer, you can now watch your favorite programs on a bigger screen. Additionally, with the help of BlueStacks, you can also install thousands of apps that are available in the Play Store.