Installing Discord is typically pain-free. You simply need to download the client from your favorite browser then you can start downloading your games of choice.
Automatically Repair Discord Errors
- Your machine is currently running Windows 10
- Restoro is compatible with your operating system.
Recommended: To repair Discord Errors, use this software package; Restoro System Repair. This repair tool has been proven to identify and fix these errors and other Windows problems with very high efficiency. Download Restoro here.
- 100% safe as confirmed by Norton.
- Only your system and hardware are evaluated.
First Method – Completely remove Discord Files in Localappdata & Appdata
To help your computer run smoothly, Discord typically stores temporary data within your PC. These stored files will sometimes cause problems when you install new games or run Discord. To fix this issue, you simply need to clear Discord by deleting these files.
- Make sure to close your Discord Client.
- Access your task manager by pressing “Control+Shift+Esc”. Next, select Discord and click “End Task”.
- Open the run command line by holding down the “windows” and “R” keys.
- Once your Run window is open, type in “%appdata%” and click OK.
- Locate and right-click the Discord folder and select “Delete”
- Exit the window and open your Run window again by right clicking the Windows icon.
- Restart your Discord setup file and follow the steps detailed by the installation wizard.
Second Method – Check your Antivirus Software and Whitelist
For example, “discord_voice” is a common file that some antivirus software may consider dangerous. To fix this issue, you need to manually bypass the antivirus by whitelisting the files that it is isolating.
Note: the process may change from one antivirus to another. In this article, we are sharing the way to bypass Windows Defender.
- Open up Windows Defender by clicking on the Windows start button and type “Windows Security” in the search bar. Press “enter” on your keyboard or click “open” below the Windows Security icon.
- Under the “Virus & Threat Protection Settings”, Click on the “Manage Settings”.
- Under “Exclusions” click on “Add or remove exclusions”
- Choose “add an exclusion” and click “file”. Next, you need to select the Discord.exe and click “Open”.
To avoid potential issues when you install and use Discord, you need to add the folder that includes the “Discord setup executable as an exception in Windows Defender”. This will ensure that the installation process will be completed without you experiencing any other errors. Follow these steps:
- Click on the shield icon in the task bar or search for Defender in the start menu to open the Windows Security app.
- Under the “Virus & Threat Protection Settings” click on the “Manage Settings”.
- Under Exclusions, click on “Add or remove exclusions”.
- Click “add an exclusion”, select “Folder” and choose the folder where Discord.exe is located and click open.
5. Once you have completed the above steps, open Discord once again and check if the problem has been fixed.
Third Method – Uninstall & Reinstall Discord
1. Open the run command window by holding down the “windows” and press “R” keys. Type in “appwiz.cpl” and press “enter” to bring up the Programs and Features.
- Locate and Click Discord among the list of programs. Click the ‘’Uninstall’’ button at the top of the list.
- Once the program is uninstalled, download the latest version of Discord from the official website.
- Double-click on the downloaded file. You can follow the installation wizard instructions.
- You can now relaunch Discord and confirm if the issue has been fixed.
Make sure to check our other guides for more Discord error fixes.