Many people have encountered problems with their Radeon software and drivers, and if you’re one of them, you’re not alone. This error appears when you install a newer version of the AMD graphics driver.
Recommended: To easily install drivers automatically, use the tool below.
The message clarifies what is causing the Radeon settings, and the driver does not match the problem. It demonstrates a difference between the AMD Radeon graphics card driver version and the settings of the graphics.
Furthermore, the problem frequently occurs after updating your AMD driver software. In most cases, this indicates that you’re running a newer version of AMD software with an older driver.
Fixing the ‘Radeon Software and Drivers Do Not Match’
Some solutions have worked for other users experiencing the “Radeon software, and driver versions do not match” issue. It is possible that you may not even have to perform all of our troubleshooting methods. The first method may work instantly for you, and you no longer need to continue on the rest.
Install a Fresh Version of the Radeon Settings Application
Most commonly, the ‘Radeon Software and Drivers Do Not Match’ error message occurs because the driver version is not matched to the performance of the Radeon settings software installed on your computer. To address this issue, you need to uninstall the current version of AMD Radeon Software on your computer and then download and install the latest AMD Radeon settings software from AMD’s official website.
- Open the “Uninstall or change a program” window by pressing the “Windows” and “R” keys to bring up the run line command. Type in “appwiz.cpl” and press “enter.”
- In the “Uninstall or change a program,” look for the AMD Radeon Settings Software in the program list and click “uninstall,” and click “uninstall” once again to confirm.
- After successfully uninstalling the AMD Radeon Settings application from your computer, download the latest installer by clicking here.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the executable file of the AMD Radeon Software and follow the installation wizard.
- After you have completely installed the AMD Radeon Settings, we suggest restarting your computer for all the changes to take effect.
- Now that you already have the latest AMD Radeon Settings Software try to check if the “Radeon software and drivers don’t match” issue has already been fixed. If not, then it means that you need to update your Graphics Card driver versions.
Update Your AMD Driver Radeon Graphics Card
There are two ways to update your AMD Driver Radeon Graphics. You can do it manually through the device manager, the AMD Radeon Settings Software, or an Automatic Optimization Software such as Restoro. We will go through all of these methods in this article.
Updating AMD Driver Radeon Graphics Card Manually Through Device Manager
- Hold down the “Windows” and “R” keys and type in “devmgmt.msc” in the run command line, and press enter to open the device manager.
- In the list of devices in the Device Manager, double-click to expand “Display Adapters,” right-click on your AMD Graphics driver, and click on “Update drivers.”
- In the next window, select “Search Automatically for Drivers” and wait for the download to complete and run the installation.
- Once the updated graphics driver versions have been installed successfully, close Device Manager, restart your computer and check if the AMD Radeon Driver has successfully been updated.
Manually Download Graphics Drivers File
- To manually download and install the latest driver versions of your GPU, you will have to visit AMD Radeon’s Website. Click here to go there. On the AMD drivers website, select the appropriate AMD driver package version for your graphics card and click on “Submit.”
- Select your computer’s Operating System on the next page and click “Download.”
- Once the download is complete, locate the installer file and open it and follow the installation wizard to complete the installation.
- After installing the latest driver version of your graphics card, restart your computer and check if the software and driver versions already match and the “Radeon software and driver versions do not match” issue has already been fixed.
Automatically Update Your Graphics Card Driver
You can automatically update your graphics card driver in two ways. You either use the Windows Update tool or a third-party optimization tool such as Restoro.
Updating with Windows Update Tool
Aside from GPU updates, the Windows Update tool will also automatically check for updates for essential hardware in your computer. Additionally, it will also check for new security updates, bug fixes, and other critical software updates will also be included in updates.
- Press the “Windows” key on your keyboard and press “R” to bring up the run line command type in “control update,” and press enter.
- Click on “Check for Updates” in the Windows Update window. If no updates are available, you should get a message saying, “You’re Up to Date.”
- If the Windows Update Tool finds a new update for your graphics drivers, let it get the drivers installed automatically and wait for it to complete. You may be required to restart your computer for the Windows Update tool to install new driver downloads.
- If a Graphics Card Driver was updated and installed by the Windows Update tool, restart your computer and check the AMD Radeon driver version and if the “Radeon software and driver versions do not match” has already been fixed.
Automatically Update AMD Radeon Graphics Driver with Restoro
With an automatic driver update and system optimization tool, your drivers will automatically update once it detects a new driver version. This includes your AMD Radeon Graphics card driver.
Restoro is more than just a registry cleaner, a PC optimization tool, or an anti-virus scanner; it also repairs damages to your computer and corrupted Windows files, reviving your machine and removing the need to reinstall anything. Even better, automated Computer repair will boost your computer’s performance.
The Windows repair is customized to your unique system and is entirely private, automatic, and reasonably priced to ensure your satisfaction. There’s no need for lengthy backups, support phone calls, guesswork, or risk to your sensitive data when you use Restoro. Because our database is constantly updated, you can rest assured that you’ll always receive the most recent replacement files available.
To download and install Restoro, follow these steps:
- Download and install Restoro:
- Once Restoro has been installed on your Windows PC, you will be directed to the homepage of Restoro. Click on Start Scan to let Restoro analyze what needs to be performed on your computer.
- Once the scan is complete, click on Start Repair to fix all the items Restoro found causing the “Radeon Software and Driver Do Not Match” error on your computer.
- After Restoro has completed the repair and updates on the incompatible driver, restart your computer and see if the software and driver versions already match and if the “Radeon Software and Driver Do Not Match” Error in Windows has been fixed.
Trying to download and install new AMD Radeon drivers to fix your graphics card error on your own might be a lot of work. There is no point in looking through many different driver files every time you start your computer up. Restoro is a good option if you want to keep your system up-to-date.