In the last several years, Google Chrome has become one of the most widely used browsers on the planet has undergone numerous changes, both graphical and functional.
As you are probably aware, Google Chrome provides a Dark Mode feature on different platforms. While it may appear to be a fantastic concept, it can automatically switch off when your device is battery-saving, which has irritated some users.
As a result, when users can’t discover how to turn off dark mode on Google Chrome, they’re left wondering how to do it.
Why Most People Prefer Dark Mode
Dark Mode, often known as night or black mode, has been present since the 1980s. If you’re old enough to remember Teletext, you’ll recall the black screen and neon-colored text on your television. Many users now use Dark Mode since it is pleasing to the eyes, sleek and elegant, and burns less power, as per an official Twitter poll for the team behind Google Chrome.
Mentioned, many users like Dark Mode, particularly for its low-light settings, since it may help to lessen visual fatigue and dryness in low-light situations without having to go on battery-saving mode. And, given the amount of time we spend looking at our screens, it’s easy to see why many people are opting for this option.
It’s especially beneficial to enable Dark Mode at night to reduce eye strain. Even for beginners, toggling from Light theme to Dark mode is quick and straightforward.
When it comes to turning off Google Chrome’s Dark Mode, all you have to do is follow the steps outlined below for Windows 10, Windows 11, and macOS.
Disable Dark Mode on Different Platforms
Turn Off Dark Mode on Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and type in “google.com” in the search bar and hit “enter” on your keyboard.
- On the lower right corner of the window, click on “Settings”.
- Down on the bottom option, click on “Dark theme” to toggle it off.
- Your Google Chrome Dark Mode should be disabled.
Turn Off Dark Mode Theme in Windows 10
- Click on the Start menu button located on the lower-left side corner of your desktop and then click on “Settings”.
- In the Settings window, select “Personalization”.
- On the left side, click on “Colors” and then click “Choose your color” in the main window and then select “Light”.
- Dark Mode should be off by now and you should see a white background on your window.
Disable Dark Mode in Windows 11
- Click on the Start menu on the taskbar and then click on “Settings”.
- In the Settings window, select “Personalization”.
- In the Personalization window, you can select the light theme and it will automatically switch from Dark Mode to Light Mode.
Disable Dark Mode in macOS
- On your macOS Dock, click on the “System Preferences”.
- Click on the “General” options and then choose “Light” under Appearance.
- Your MacOS should automatically switch from Dark Mode to Light Mode.
Replacing the Google Chrome Dark Mode Theme in Windows and macOS
- On your Google Chrome, open a new tab and click on the “Customize Chrome” option located on the bottom right corner of the Window.
- Click on the “Color and theme” option on the left pane and select your preferred color theme.
- After selecting your preferred color theme, simply click done and you are all set.
Alternative Method to Switching Off Dark Mode in Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome Icone/Shortcut and click on “Properties”.
- Go to the “Target” box and delete “–force-dark-mode” if you see it.
- Click “Apply” and “OK” to save the settings.
Disable Dark Mode Feature in Google Chrome for Web Contents
Google Chrome has a feature that forces websites not using Dark Mode to appear in Dark Mode. You can disable this feature by following the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome and type in “chrome://flags/” and hit “Enter”.
- In the search bar, type in “dark” and you should see “Force Dark Mode for Web Contents Flag”.
- Change the default setting to “Disabled” by clicking on the drop-down menu and then click on “Relaunch” to restart Chrome.
- Once Google Chrome is back, your websites running on Light Mode will no longer be forced to appear as Dark Mode.
How to Disable Dark Mode on Google Chrome App for Android, iOS Devices, and Other Platforms
Disable Dark Mode on Google Chrome in both Android
- Open Google Chrome on your Android device and tap on the three-dot icon located in the upper right corner of the app to see the Chrome settings.
- On the menu, select “Settings” then tap “Theme”.
- Select “Light” option to turn off Dark Mode.
- You can perform these steps to turn off dark mode on Chrome settings in both Android and iOS.
How to Turn OffDark Theme on Android and iOS Devices
Turn Dark Theme Display on Android Devices
- Open the Settings menu on your Android device and tap on “Display & Brightness”.
- Toggle off the Dark Mode/Dark Theme.
- Your screen should get the light theme after performing this step.
Disable Dark Theme Display on iOS Devices
- Open the Settings menu on your iOS device and tap on “Display & Brightness”.
- Under appearance, select “Light” to disable Dark Mode.
- Your iOS device should now be rocking light mode.
Thanks for reading, and we hope this guide will help you if you accidentally activated Chrome’s dark mode or search results. Please tell us which of the above steps works best for you in the comments section below.