You may have already encountered the Epson printer error code 0x97 regardless of the model of your printer. A malfunctioning motherboard or internal components might easily cause this Epson error number.
In the event of this problem, you may be prevented from printing and completing your critical tasks. It may also activate the indication, causing your printer to turn off and on. You may fix this problem using simple solutions and straightforward methods. Let us first get additional information regarding this problem number on your Epson printer before going to the solutions.
Epson printers are some of the most reliable in the market today. Epson Printer users promise that this device is easy to use, offers numerous benefits, and is affordable.
Most of the time, Epson printers are reliable and produce the results that you’d expect. Unfortunately, there will also be times when you encounter problems, such as the Epson error code 0x97.
Why the Epson Error Code 0x97 Occurs
Epson Error Code 0x97, which can appear for various reasons, is a typical printing fault that will prompt you to turn on and off your printer continuously. Furthermore, your printer will cease printing, and you will be unable to use it in any way. Experiencing Epson printer error could be caused by issues with the printer’s internal components, and the likelihood of experiencing this problem increases with time spent using Epson printers.
Common Causes of the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
The reasons for Epson Error Code 0x97 are described below to assist you in understanding them:
- The most common cause of the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 is an internal hardware issue, such as a motherboard failure.
- The second source of this error could be a dusty printer, jammed paper, or a dirty printhead.
- Hardware failure is another cause of the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97.
- Epson printer nozzles that are clogged might cause a variety of issues such as the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97.
How to Fix the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
Fixing the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 entails a few simple steps. We’ve put up a list of 11 solutions that are easy to follow and implement. In a nutshell, these fixes will teach you how to download the 0x97 repair patch, try a system reboot, launch Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter, clean your printer, and other vital procedures. We guarantee that these Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 solutions will promptly fix your device.
Use the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter
To fix the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97, you can use the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter program. The Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter tool is an official program that helps users correct printing issues. To use, you can start by downloading the troubleshooter from Microsoft’s official website. You can also choose the Epson printer model from the download option. Be sure to launch the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open your preferred internet browser and go to Microsoft’s official support website by clicking here.
- Simply click on “Download and Run Troubleshooter” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Restart Your Computer
While rebooting your machine is a typical procedure, it is required before proceeding to the next step whenever an error appears. In most cases, a simple restart will take care of any troubles you’re now experiencing.
Once you’ve rebooted, try to print again and see if the error persists. If you still see an error message, proceed to the following step. Restart your computer after completing each of the instructions listed below.
Restart Your Epson Printer and Reconnect All the Cables
Unless you have an internal hardware issue, you can start by rebooting your Epson printer. Technical problems can also cause an Epson printer error. When Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 causes your printer to become jammed, it will instruct you to turn it off and on again. Because of this, unplugging and plugging the Epson printer power cable may help fix the issue. Afterward, you can also remove any printer cartridges if you like.
- Turn off your printer using the power button. Locate all the cables on your Epson printer and the cables connected to your computer. If you see USB cables attached, you can remove them too.
- Open up your Epson printer and check for any paper jam.
- Carefully remove the ink cartridge from the printer.
- After determining that there is no paper jam inside and the ink cartridge has been replaced, connect all the power cables to the printer and to your computer and power on your printer.
- Start a test print to see if the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 has been fixed.
Update Epson Printer Driver
The Epson printer error code 0x97 could very well be caused by a bad printer driver or one that’s been out of date. Like any utility, an Epson printer requires the most recent version of the driver. We’ve outlined how to update Epson printer drivers below.
1. Press the “Windows” and “R” keys and type in “devmgmt.msc” in the run command line, and press enter.
- In the list of devices, expand “Printers” or “Print Queues”, right-click on your printer and click “Update Driver” and click on “Search automatically for drivers”.
Wait for the Device Manager to find any available drivers for your printer. Another way to download the latest drivers is to find them from the official website.
Clean Your Epson Printer Head with a Clean Paper Towel
Another good way to fix Epson error code 0x97 is to clean it with a clean paper towel or a damp lint-free cloth. Sometimes you might encounter an Epson printer error code 0x97 due to a clogged printhead with dust, foreign objects, or paper jams. Using this method will also allow you to check your print head. Furthermore, it will also let you check for any unwanted dried ink on the head sprayer.
Printer heads can be extremely tricky to maintain. However, this part of your device plays a crucial role in printing. Keeping this clean with a head cleaning fluid or warm water will help avoid printer errors. Before this process, make sure that you have stopped printing altogether. Use your printer’s power button to turn off your Epson Printer.
Open the printer casing carefully. Use a damp tissue to thoroughly remove any undesired materials in your printer head that may have been trapped inside the container. When the device is completely dry, its components can be reassembled before closing and restarting the printer.
1. Power off your Epson printer. Remove the power cord if possible.
2. Carefully open up your printer.
3. With a clean, wet tissue, gently wipe your printer’s internal hardware and the parts you have removed from the printer.
4. Wait for at least 10 minutes to let the components get dry.
5. Once all the components have been dried up, reinstall all the parts removed while performing the cleaning process.
6. Plug in and power on your printer. Check if the error code 0x97 has been finally fixed.
Check if Your Printer has Clogged Ink Cartridges
Since we are already cleaning your printer, as mentioned in the above methods, ensuring all your components are cleaned is essential, especially the ink cartridges.
The Epson error code 0x97 might occur when your printer’s ink cartridges become clogged. The performance of your print head may be compromised as a result. We suggest that you inspect all the cartridges and, if necessary, clean them. This is considered an internal hardware failure. As a result, you can fix this “internally” as well.
To see if you have clogged nozzles, follow the steps outlined here. Please note that the steps may vary depending on the model of your Epson printer.
1. Press the “Home” button on your Epson printer and select “Setup.”
2. Next, select the “Maintenance” option and choose “Printhead nozzle check.”
3. The printer will now print a page with four colored grids that will let you see if the nozzle is clogged.
4. If there are gaps in the lines or it looks faint, it means that it is clogged. In this case, you will need to select the “Clean the printhead” option to start the nozzle cleaning process. Otherwise, it should be clean.
5. While the printer is in the cleaning process, make sure to leave it until the nozzle cleaning process is finished.
Align The Epson Printer Printhead
Fix Epson Printer error code 0x97 by ensuring your printhead is correctly aligned. Improper alignment can cause several issues, from funny-looking prints to an error code 0x97. Thankfully, you can fix this internal hardware problem by simply aligning the printhead.
- Go To Start Menu All Programs Epson Printers.
- Next, select the Maintenance Tab.
- Click Nozzle Check.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the alignment is done your printer may be fixed. See if you are still experiencing the error code 0x97.
Contact Hardware Specialist
You can fix the Epson Printer error by contacting your friendly hardware specialists or Epson workforce to help resolve the error code 0x97. Check if your printer still comes with a warranty to save on this option. You can start by checking with an Epson printer support online and see how they can help you.
Nevertheless, you can try if you have tried all of the fixes mentioned above but still get a persistent error.