Microsoft has developed a software application known as the Media Creation Tool, which functions in various helpful ways that assist you with the Windows 10 operating system.
The Media Creation Tool’s primary objective involves creating official Windows 10 installation media from legally licensed official Windows 10 files.
In addition to repairing your Windows 10 files, this utility may be used to update your PC to Windows 10 if you’re running an older OS.
System Requirements for the Windows Creation Tool
The software can be used without cost in any way, shape, or form; the only things necessary to properly use it are an authentic Windows 10 license and a reliable internet connection to download the software itself.
In addition, you won’t be able to use your PC to its full potential unless it has a DVD drive or a USB port for connecting external media that can be converted into bootable media.
Here are the best features of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool:
- Creates bootable Windows 10 installation disc with ease.
- Very effective at resolving the vast majority of Windows 10 problems
- You can use it to create USB drives, ISO files, and DVD drives.
- Excellent for updating your old Operating System to Windows 10
- No cost at all
Easy Upgrading to Windows 10
Install the most recent version of Windows 10 on any device or computer will require you to complete various tasks and services, including creating a Windows installation media such as a DVD installer or a bootable USB drive. These tasks are necessary for installing the latest version of Windows 10. These kinds of activities will likely result in you having a more complicated issue before you even finish the setup process if you do not have significant experience in tech.
Windows customers who use Windows Update to upgrade to Windows 10 sometimes run into trouble, such as the frequent Windows 10 update errors, which cause the upgrade to fail. You can do these things more quickly and easily, thanks to Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 version 1903. You can easily update your PC to the most recent version of Windows 10 with the help of the Windows Creation Tool.
DIY Windows Installation Media Creation Tool
Microsoft’s Media Creation Tools for Windows are relatively user-friendly and intuitive. It was made specifically to be user-friendly for Windows users with little technical knowledge.
The Media Creation Tool is your best choice if you prefer to make your installation media or want to obtain an ISO file with the most recent Windows 10. Microsoft provides an executable file that enables you to directly upgrade your existing machine or computer to the latest operating system, download Windows 10 and create your installation media. This dependable tool is designed for the user’s convenience and provides a wide range of essential features.
Creating a Windows 10 ISO File
Making a Windows 10 ISO image is one of this tool’s primary purposes. You must first launch the MediaCreationTool1809.exe file with an administrator-permitted user account. You will be required to proceed with the actions you wish to take after agreeing to its Terms and Conditions. You must check the box next to “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC” to use this specific feature.
When installing the ISO files, you are about to download and select the Language, Version, and architecture you want to use on your computer. On the other hand, you may always pick “Use recommended settings for this PC” to automatically select the appropriate option based on your PC’s settings. After clicking next, you’ll be taken to another screen where you may choose the media you wish to use. Click “ISO file,” then specify where to store it and a new name. After you click the Save button, your ISO file will automatically download.
When the download and verification processes are complete, the ISO file will be saved to the directory you designated during the download. Click Finish to burn the ISO file to DVD or mount it on a virtual computer. Use blank DVDs and USB flash drives because any data on them will be erased once the operation is finished.
Detailed Guide on How to Use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
We highly recommend using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade any old system to Windows 10 or Windows 11. This is the safest, easiest, and quickest way to perform an upgrade.
Prerequisites in Creating a Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
- A PC with a reliable Internet connection is required. The file is about 4 GB in size, and how long it takes to download will depend on several factors, including your Internet connection speed.
- A USB flash drive with a minimum capacity of 4 GB. Microsoft suggests using a blank drive because any content already there will be wiped.
- Alternatively, you can use a blank DVD if you do not have a free USB flash drive. However, before using this method, you must ensure that your computer has a writer.
How to Create a Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
- Using your preferred internet browser, search and access Microsoft’s official website by clicking this link here. Make sure only to download the Windows Installation Media from legitimate websites, as other links to the tool may contain viruses through ads that can harm your computer.
- On the Microsoft download site, click “Download Now” and wait for the download to complete.
- Once the download is complete, open the file you just downloaded with Administrator Privileges.
- Accept the Applicable Notices and License Terms by clicking on “Accept” on the bottom right corner of the Windows 10 Setup page.
- You will be asked what you want to do in the next window. Select “Upgrade this PC now” if you intend to upgrade your current system to Windows 10. If you upgrade or reinstall Windows 10 on a different PC, select “Create Installation Media for Another PC.” Whichever option you choose, click “Next” in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Select your preferred language, architecture, and edition in the next window. You may also choose the “Use the recommended options for this PC” option. After selecting your preferred options, click “next.”
- Next, you will choose where to save the installation file. You can save it on a USB Flash Drive or as an ISO file and burn it to a DVD.
Changing the BIOS Settings to Boot from a USB Device or a DVD Boot Media
If your computer boots up directly to your desktop even after inserting your USB drive or DVD, it means you have not configured your BIOS to boot to a USB Device or DVD boot media. Follow these steps to configure your BIOS to boot to a media device.
- Before you restart your computer to access the BIOS settings, it is best to check what keyboard shortcut you need to press to access it. In most cases, the keys would be Esc, Del, F2, F9, F10, or F12.
- Once you’ve determined what key to press, restart your computer and tap the BIOS key twice every second until you see the BIOS settings.
- In your BIOS settings screen, navigate to the Boot Options Menu and select the correct Boot Media Device as the first device your computer boots into.
- Restart your computer as usual.
Windows 10 Install Guide
- Sometimes, you might see a message saying, “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.” If you see this message, go ahead and press any key on your keyboard and wait for the Windows Setup window to load.
- Select your preferred language, time/currency format, and the keyboard/input method on the Windows Setup screen and click next.
- Click “Install Now” on the next screen.
- Enter your Windows Product Key. You should have that information on the box with your original Windows 10 program or the email sent when you bought it and click “Next.” If you cannot find it in your inbox, check your spam folder, as it may have been moved to it.
- Accept the License Terms and click “Next.”
- On the next screen, you will be asked what type of installation you want to happen on your computer. If you wish to upgrade from an older version of Windows, select “Upgrade,” and if you’re going to install a fresh copy of Windows, select “Custom.”
- Select which drive you want to install Window and click Next.
- Wait for the installation to complete, and you will be asked to personalize Windows according to your liking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Windows 10 without an Internet connection?
Windows 10 doesn’t need to be connected to the Internet for regular use. You can do whatever you would typically do in earlier versions of Windows when offline, and it works perfectly.
Can Windows 10 still be installed without a product key?
Yes, you can still download and install Windows 10 on your computer without a product key, and Microsoft makes Windows 10 available for free download and installation without a product key. It will continue to function usually well into the future, except for a few minor cosmetic limitations.
How much is a Windows 10 license?
There are two versions of Windows 10 licenses you can purchase. The Windows 10 Pro costs $199.99, and the Windows 10 Home costs $139.
Before purchasing any of the time, we strongly suggest checking which one suits your needs.
Can I still download earlier versions of windows like Windows 7?
Yes, you still can. However, Microsoft officially ended support for Windows 7 last January 2020, which means devices running on Windows 7 will no longer receive security updates and other features.