Google Chrome saves information about websites you visit in the form of cookies and cache. This makes the loading of websites faster, especially if you visit them often.
While this is a great feature, sometimes the cache & cookies size gets too big, resulting in system slowdown.
Clearing your cache every once in a while can help keep your system running smoothly. This can also fix specific website problems like formatting issues and loading problems. In this article, we will show you how to clear your cache on google chrome.
What Happens When You Clear Cache and Cookies on Chrome?
Before clearing your cache and cookies, keep in mind the following:
- Settings on the websites that you visit will be cleared.
- You will need to log in again for all your accounts on the websites that you visit.
- First-time loading of websites that you will visit again can be a bit slower after clearing your cache.
Step 1: Run Google Chrome.
Step 2: On the top right corner, you will find an options button; click on it.
Step 3: On the pop-up menu, click on settings.
Step 4: On the side menu, click on Privacy and Security.
Step 5: Click on Clear Browsing data.
Step 6: A menu will pop up. In the time range selection, click on All time.
Step 7: Check Cookies and other site data.
Step 8: Check Cached images and files.
Step 9: Click on Clear Data.
Shortcut Method to Clear Cache on Google Chrome
For those who prefer keyboard shortcuts, there’s a quick and easy way to access the ‘Clear browsing data’ menu without navigating through the settings.
- With Google Chrome open, press ‘Ctrl+Shift+Del’ on your keyboard if you’re using a Windows computer, or ‘Cmd+Shift+Del’ if you’re using a macOS.
- The ‘Clear browsing data’ menu will pop up on your screen. Select the time range as ‘All time.’
- Ensure that both ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ options are checked.
- Click on ‘Clear Data’ to complete the process.
Now, you’ve successfully cleared cache on Google Chrome using the shortcut method. This can be especially useful for those who frequently need to clear their cache, ensuring a smoother and faster browsing experience.
How to Clear Cache on Chrome Mobile App
Clearing cache on the Chrome mobile app can help improve its performance and resolve any website issues you might encounter while browsing on your smartphone. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clear cache on the Chrome mobile app for both Android and iOS devices.
- Open the Google Chrome app on your Android device.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Privacy and Security.’
- Choose ‘Clear browsing data.’
- On the ‘Clear browsing data’ screen, you will see two tabs: ‘Basic’ and ‘Advanced.’ The ‘Basic’ tab allows you to clear your cache and cookies quickly, while the ‘Advanced’ tab provides more granular control over the data you want to clear.
- Select the appropriate tab and choose the time range for which you want to clear the cache.
- Ensure the ‘Cached images and files’ option is checked.
- Tap ‘Clear data’ to finish the process.
- Open the Google Chrome app on your iOS device.
- Tap the three horizontal dots in the bottom-right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- From the pop-up menu, select ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Privacy.’
- Under the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ section, select ‘Clear browsing data.’
- Make sure the ‘Cached images and files’ option is checked.
- Choose the time range for which you want to clear the cache.
- Tap ‘Clear Browsing Data,’ then tap ‘Clear Browsing Data’ again in the confirmation pop-up to complete the process.
With these steps, you can successfully clear the cache on the Chrome mobile app for either your Android or iOS device, ensuring a smoother browsing experience. Remember to clear your cache periodically to maintain optimal performance and resolve website-related issues.
Wrapping It Up
In conclusion, clearing cache on Google Chrome, whether on your desktop or mobile devices, is an essential practice to ensure your browser runs efficiently, loads websites accurately, and maintains your online privacy.
By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this article, you can easily clear cache on various platforms and benefit from a seamless browsing experience. Remember to perform this process periodically to keep your browser functioning at its best and address any potential website-related issues that may arise. Happy browsing!